Christine and I attended RoundCon 2012 as part of the guest list this weekend in Columbia, SC. This was a great opportunity for us to gain exposure in the capitol city of our state and network with other comic artist professionals and individuals who love anime, comics, and gaming.
We had the opportunity to see a previous fan who visited our table at Heroes Convention, Larry, who owns Gamma Comics in Columbia, SC. Very soon Undead Norm will be on the shelves of this store.
Here are some pictures from the event.
Comic conventions are not only beneficial for artists who want to network but also public librarians/libraries. My boyfriend (pictured above) is a children's librarian who is always seeking out new and unique talent that can be turned into programming for children's/teen services.
I have volunteered and offered workshops on Sequential Art the past 4 years at my public library. If you are a comic artist who is interested in sharing your talents with your community, volunteering your time at the library is a good start in gaining exposure at a local level.
RoundCon 2012 was the last comic convention I attended for the 2012 year. I plan to attend at least MegaCon and Heroes Convention next year. By that time, Undead Norm will have 2-3 issues in print.


No comments:
Post a Comment