Sunday, August 12, 2012

Kitty Gets Revenge

For this page of Undead Norm, I had to make sure the camera cuts made sense with the script I was given. We go from Hunter checking out the body on the ground to him celebrating to the kitty starting to hiss at him.
Sometimes sharp, direct camera cuts (going from one camera distance to another) add tension, fear, and engage the reader. Hunter dancing full figure to a sharp close up of the kitty's face- definitely adds some shock and fear.
To answer questions- Hunter is dancing dubstep. There was an internet picture I was inspired by illustrating 'how to dubstep' and decided the dance fit the character.
And kitty's face has inspiration from Ratatat's "Classics" album cover but flipped horizontally.




I start back at Trident Technical College in a week. I couldn't be more excited. My course "Sequential Drawing I" was last offered 5 years ago. I'm planning for the course to really take off and to be as much informative as fun and engaging about the comics industry.


No comments:

Post a Comment