I wanted to try a bit of an experiment on this page- floating panels with a huge background bleeding through the gutters. I've only done this one other time in my career and I felt this scene would benefit from the rocky nature scene in the background. I'd like to go into this sort of direction with my work, making it look more complete on a comic page and an actual piece of art rather than a play by play of panel action. I've also been taking a look at the late Moebius' work. He was clearly an artistic genius in many respects from drawing to inking. I feel I can gain so much from his work because he does a tremendous job orchestrating a lot of small linear parts within a scene. My work is heavily reliant on lines and much texture and objects but I'd like to really master the chaos working in unity.
An example of Moebius' work:


No comments:
Post a Comment