This page had a lot of little trees to show the environment. I'm no Bob Ross but I hopefully made the atmosphere work. A lot of time, dedication, and focus pays off when it comes to small details.
Christine and I also had our Undead Norm issue #1 release party at Soundwave Music and Movies in Summerville, SC. We sold 50 copies of our book in less than 2 hours. We're both very appreciative of our fans, ones we've inspired to start drawing comics/pick up comic drawing after a hiatus, and those who are supportive of local artists. There is such an interest in the Sequential Art field within the Charleston, SC area but not many people are involved within the industry. My hope is that the interest and events available for both fans and creators continues to grow within the coming years.
Afterwards there was the Soundwave Comic Auction. I've attended a handful of these so far and I really enjoy them. This time I walked away with an issue of Jeff Smith's "Bone" and a Ren and Stimpy issue. What I found really cool though was that there was a signed comic of "Total Recall" by one of my professors from the Savannah College of Art and Design, Tom Lyle , at this auction. It's good to know the creators I've learned from don't stray too far away from my neck of the woods.



No comments:
Post a Comment