Monday, June 25, 2012

Heroes Convention 2012

I am now back from Heroes Convention. Much thanks to everybody who came out to support "Undead Norm" and "The Curse of Stranglehold" at table AA-50 in Artists Alley.
I met some wildly talented artists, writers, and other artist educators from SCAD Atlanta, Art Institutes and aspiring students from UNC Charlotte, SCAD, University of South Carolina, community colleges and high schools in Charlotte, and diehard comic fans from across the country this weekend. It was a great mixture of people from all walks of life but with one common interest: Sequential Art.
I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Comic News Insider (Mr. Aquino) and Web Studio D, Everything Webcomics about Undead Norm, my comic creation process with Christine, our relationship with Soundwave Music, Movies, and Comics and teaching Sequential Art at Trident Technical College.
Here was our table.
I am also putting up my work for page 24 of Undead Norm. Because of the convention, I wanted to give Christine a break coloring. This is one of the few times I didn't draw much of a background and relied on black placement to set a mood for each panel. Sometimes high contrast in comics can bring a reader's focus on the most important character.
I will be posting our interviews as they go up on the websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment