Friday, February 3, 2012

A Difference in Color Palettes

Christine and I wanted to experiment and see what would happen when both of us color the same page.
She tends to use a more vibrant color palette than me, causing the work for Undead Norm to look more animated.
I on the other hand, envision my work as printed rather than animated. My coloring style has been called 'moody' by a lot of fellow artists and professors.
So here is page 6 of Undead Norm colored by Christine.
And here is my version.
Totally different, right? What is nice that since we're working in a team setting that we can bounce ideas off of each other. I imagined the scene taking place during the night while Christine envisioned it occurring during the day.
What's nice about art is that there is no 'correct' answer, only different interpretations.

2 comments:

  1. Did you try this...

    http://home.comcast.net/~eyeofamon/UN6-softlight.jpg

    ...yours pasted over hers with a Soft Light setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing me this, it's certainly another interpretation for this project.

    ReplyDelete